We at IGT bring you leading-edge industry best practices that guarantee a completely lag-free software-testing process that enables you to deliver your product right on time, every time!
Shift-left Automation is nothing but a movement that is focused on accelerating the testing process to the nascent stages of the software development cycle.
The concept of shifting left has been derived from how the English language is supposed to be read, which is from left to right. So, as with the English language, here our DevOps team also adopts the testing process from the beginning, i.e., “left”
Shift-left testing fits in smoothly with the process of Test-Driven Development as this approach involves writing the code first and then testing in an incremental approach.
There are predefined steps that are to be taken to implement Shift-Left Testing in an efficient way:
- It starts with coding parameters
Identifying and setting the same coding standards is the first step to Shift-Left Testing Automation as the development team must work in-sync.
This results in a much-improved quality of code, in turn giving the best quality end product.
- Enforce stricter security standards
One of the main areas to test in Shift-Left is the security issues in the software. Identifying, investigating and fixing threats early on, is the best way to reduce the Go-To-Market time.
- Unified Testing Tools
It is important to align identical testing technology based on testing tools which are being used by the testing team.
Key benefits of adopting IGT’s shift-left automation testing strategies:
● Significant reduction in testing and software development costs
● Increased time to focus on other aspects of software development
● Greater level of security as risks and threats are eliminated early on
● Gain a competitive advantage by introducing early testing into Continuous Integration and Continuous Development
● Detect bugs in REAL-TIME
● Ultimately, faster go-to-market time
Leave a Reply